Founded in: 1706
Location: Located on a hill 28 kilometers northeast of Encarnación, in the district of Trinity Itapúa; is accessed from Route VI. 27 8 S 55 ° 42'W
Features: It was the last of the Jesuit reductions of Paraguay, considered the largest of all the missions. Perhaps most striking at first glance, constitute the set of archery is observed to the east of the church. They are groups of houses Indians, formed by consecutive rooms. Each group home has arches to the front facing the square. These galleries are reminiscent of stone bridges, Roman aqueducts.
Another characteristic detail, as are the carved stone rosettes that appear on the lintels. Each housing body is 20 meters and is separated from the next by a street. These homes must be particularly envied by the Spaniards who visited the reduction.
Also the tower, located at some distance from the church is outstanding. It could have been a temporary church steeple or type watchtower. It has a square base, solid construction; beside her remains of a chapel are observed. In the sacristy is installed as a lithic museum in one of the galleries.
This reduction has the largest temple built among all those who make up the Jesuit reductions, where stands the frieze of angels to musicians finding musical scores in Moxos (Bolivia) were the only background music in Jesuit missions .
Status: This town is retaining a greater degree of structure formation of the people. Its historic center reduccional has an impressive Plaza Mayor, meeting place of the village, school, workshops, houses Indian cemetery garden, museum. A total of 117 acres of buildings. Has a Jesuit Museum located in the old sacristy where you can see sculptures and a model of the mission. Trinidad is under constant restoration and maintenance.
Declared a World Heritage Site by Unesco in 1993